Use of low level lasers (cold lasers or soft tissue lasers) enhances cellular function and it can also encourage the formation of collagen and cartilage in damaged joints and the repair of tendons and ligaments. Cold lasers and soft tissue lasers are gentle and non-heating to the tissues. They are configured with frequencies and power densities that are favorable to the cells and tissues of the Low level laser therapy may be used any place there is acute or chronic pain or inflammation. Relief and healing occur using low level laser therapy on: Arthritis, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Tennis Elbow, Whiplash, Headaches, Back and Shoulder Pain, Sprains, Sinusitis, and TMJ.
Low level lasers have been used world-wide for over 30 years.
Over 2500 studies have shown that low level lasers:
- REDUCE PAIN by stimulating cells to produce their own endorphins, natural pain killers,
- PROMOTE FASTER HEALING by stimulating cells to increase the production of two major healing enzymes by as much as 75%,
- REDUCE INFLAMMATION by as much as 75%,
- INCREASE BONE REPAIR SPEED by stimulating fibroblastic and osteoblastic proliferation,
- RELAX MUSCLES and muscle spasms,
- DECREASE SWELLING by stimulating lymphatic drainage,
- ENHANCE THE IMMUNE SYSTEM by increasing the number of "killer" cells by 400-900%, and most importantly,
- RE-ENERGIZE CELL MEMBRANES to allow transport of essential nutrients across cell walls (nutrients will not cross an injured or sick cell wall, thus slowing healing) allowing a healthy new cell to grow.